I like to work on two writing projects at any one time, but the key is they have to be in different stages of development. I never write two rough drafts at once. I never work on two revisions or two rewrites at once. It’s nice to be writing the rough draft of one story and doing a revision for another.
Here are the reasons why I recommend this method:
1. If you’re stumped on how to proceed with one project, work on the other.
2. Ideas that don’t work for one project may work well for the other.
3. You’ll feel more productive and chances are, you’ll accomplish more.
4. Two projects = more chances to be inspired.
5. Feedback on one project may help enhance the second project.
Would this method work for you?