I wanted to write this post in a different way and list five random things to blog about. Monday morning is an excellent time for randomness… just as Friday night is an excellent time for chaos.
1. Pany (one of my favorite bloggers) has given me the Versatile Blogger Award. This is my fourth time receiving it, and I am honored! Thanks, Pany! You are awesome!
2. Here’s something that passes through my mind quite often. If Jesus lived in the world today, would we recognize him and follow him? Or would we just brush him off as some kind of weirdo?
3. Tomorrow is the day to vote! Where I live (in the State of North Carolina) we are voting either for or against an amendment that will render marriage as an institution between a man and a woman, and will therefore ban gay marriage. This amendment has generated an incredible amount of controversy, but no matter what, if you live in North Carolina, vote. Voice your opinion. I don’t really care how you vote just as long as you do.
4. I might have a chance to become shift manager where I work. Of course, the job is not my ideal one. It’s not what I went to college for. But it might be a really good opportunity to get me out of my comfort zone, which I have been attempting to escape from for quite some time.
5. Honeysuckle. Yesterday, I went out for a very pleasant walk and I stopped by a honeysuckle vine for five minutes just to smell the blossoms. And of course, it made me think of The Sound and the Fury, in which honeysuckle is a prominent symbol. (Book nerds gotta be book nerds!)
So… that was my random Monday blog. I hope everyone has a great week. 🙂