Here’s an interesting meme/questionnaire that I borrowed from A World of Randomness. Feel free to borrow it from my blog. 🙂
1. The last book I’ve read is: Saving June – Hannah Harrington (just an average YA book, with a bit more profanity than most)
2. The book(s) I’m currently reading: Secrets of the SS – Glenn B. Infield (feeding my obsession with World War II and the Third Reich) and Copyediting: A Practical Guide – Karen Judd (my manager at work let me borrow this one)
3. The last bestseller I’ve read is: Angela’s Ashes – Frank McCourt (and I can see why it was a bestseller — the lauding was actually warranted)
4. The last book I’ve bought/received is: First Draft in 30 Days – Karen S. Wiesner (skimmed it, haven’t gotten around to actually reading it all the way through yet)
5. The book(s) I’ll be buying soon is/are: Who knows? I rarely buy books. The library is my best friend. But if I do buy, it’ll more than likely be a style guide or a writing reference book.
6. My favorite children’s book is: Anything written by Louis Sachar or Beverly Cleary.
7. My favorite Shakespeare piece is: Hamlet or Taming of the Shrew
8. Best period of literature: I guess the 1910s or 1920s, whenever stream-of-consciousness style gained popularity/mainstream acceptance.
9. Emily Brönte or Jane Austen? Emily
10. My favorite poet(s) is/are: Emily Dickinson, Sylvia Plath… so many others, but I can’t think of them.
11. My favorite literary character is: Hands down, Quentin Compson. (although Caddy, his sister, is a close second. And Temple Drake.)
12. A book I could reread a thousand times is: The Sound and the Fury – William Faulkner
13. A book I hated is: A Farewell to Arms – Ernest Hemingway (I hate everything he writes.)
14. If my life were a book, it would be: I’ll Take You There – Joyce Carol Oates (That is the story of my life – I have never sympathized more with a main character. Ever.)
15. My ritual when reading a book is: Eh… just start reading?
16. Best places to buy books: I hate to say it, but Amazon. Alibris is good, too.
17. The language(s) I read most of my books is: English
18. Do you write? If so, what?: Yes, I do write. All the time, actually. Mostly YA, but I don’t like to classify it into genres.
19. Recommend a book: Everyone should read Feeling Good by David Burns.
This meme bothers me because it feels like there should be 20 questions… that’s a nice even number. Oh, well.