Thanks to Victoria, I have a new blog award! Thank you!
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
– I list 11 random facts about myself.
– I’ll answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
– I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award, along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
– If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with the questions I come up with.
– Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees… but you cannot nominate the blog that nominated you.
OK, so 11 random facts about myself:
1. My number one grammar pet peeve is the misuse of “your” and “you’re.”
2. I have an aversion to steak, but I’m not a vegetarian.
3. Back in high school, my nickname was “Quickstep.”
4. I always make new year resolutions.
5. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I have a song stuck in my head.
6. Right now, there are eight blank notebooks on my shelf waiting to be filled.
7. I’ve never seen Forrest Gump, Home Alone, or Titanic.
8. I am incredibly socially awkward.
9. I talk to myself all the time. I call it “thinking out loud.”
10. Chocolate and coffee are my two vices.
11. I’m currently doing the Nuzlocke Challenge on my Pokemon Sapphire game.
And now for Victoria’s 11 questions…
- What made you want to be a writer?
I couldn’t imagine not writing for the rest of my life.
- Where do you find the inspiration for your writing?
- What are your goals for 2013?
They’re listed in this post.
- What’s your favourite quote?
I have so many! “The past is never dead. It’s not even past.” – William Faulkner, Requiem for a Nun
- Where in the world would you most like to visit?
New York, where I came from.
- What five things would you take to a desert island?
Ah, the old desert island question… a pen, a notebook, the Bible, chocolate, and a boat so I could row away. 🙂
- What is your biggest strength and your biggest weakness?
Biggest strength: patience. Biggest weakness: social anxiety
- If you could met one author, who would you choose?
Alive or dead? Hmm… Stephen King, I think.
- What’s your favourite film?
- If you went into The Hunger Games, what would be your most useful skill?
I’d die instantly. My skills are not survival skills.
- Which fictional male would you most like to marry?
F’lar from the Dragonriders of Pern series
Nominations for this award: I nominate everyone on my blogroll. If you look to your left and see the title of your blog, you can consider yourself a recipient of this award.
My 11 questions: (They’re kind of cliche, but I don’t care.)
1. If you had to watch only one movie for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
2. What’s your dream job?
3. Favorite video game?
4. Cats or dogs?
5. What’s your biggest grammar pet peeve?
6. Do you like sports (either watching or playing)?
7. Do you prefer pens or pencils?
8. If $1 million (after taxes) suddenly came into your possession, what would you do with it?
9. If you could trade places with anyone in the world for one day, who would you choose?
10. If you could instantly change one aspect of your personality, what would you change?
11. Would you rather travel to Greece or Italy? (You can’t say neither.)